I'm bored today. Besides, doesn't like every website need an F.A.Q. section? These may be updated from time to time, as I see fit.
- What's up with the Plum?
- Plum was the nickname of my favorite author, P.G Wodehouse. When casting about for a somewhat anonymous handle to use on the web, I settled on that one. Now I use my first name, but the Plum has stuck. Which isn't surprising, since plums are a sticky fruit. All that juice runs all over your hands, you know.
- Who are you?
- My first name is Lesley, and you're not going to find out my last name. I realize that in the eyes of some, this makes me discourteous and/or cowardly, but there are enough freaks in the world. I don't need to make it easy for them to locate me. And trust me, my last name is unique enough that knowing it would make it very easy to locate me. My domain is registered by proxy too, so you can't find it out by doing a WHOIS. I'm not that stupid.
- What do you do?
- I work in finance.
- What do you look like?
- Apparently like Sigourney Weaver.
- How many calories does a plum have?
- Believe it or not, this is a frequent search request that leads people to my little corner of the web. For their edification, a medium-sized plum has 90 calories, 5 from fat (this translates to roughly 0.5 grams of fat). It has 8.5 grams of carbohydrates, only 1 of which is dietary fiber.
- Who is shoe god?
- See answer here.
- Don't the Yankees suck?
- Sure, if you define sucking as having won 26 World Series, more than twice as many as any other team, and
3839 pennants in their history. I bet your boss wishes you sucked that badly at your job. But keep being deluded.
- Okay, fine, but what about the Knicks?
- Yes, the Knicks suck.
- And the Rangers?
- The Rangers suck too.
- What about the Giants? (added in December, 2006)
- Words cannot express my dislike for Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning!
- Why are clams the benchmark of happiness?
- I have no damn clue, but have often wondered that myself.